Sunday 17 November 2013

Product Review: Balea Pore Strips

I am sure many of you have used pore strips before. I used to use the Biore brand religiously a few years ago. But I let that part of my "beauty regime" fall away for many years. No reason why, just didn't keep up with it. While browsing through Shopper's Drug Mart I came across their store brand of pore strips, Balea Charcoal Nose Strips and decided that I needed to give them a try. For those that haven't used pore strips before I recommend them. They adhere to your skin to take out built up gunk and blackheads; don't worry they don't rip the skin off. They are cheap, these were $5.99 and really easy to use.

So here's what you'll do:

Here's what the box looks like, surprisingly they don't 'appear on the Shopper's website -- weird?


1) Take the strip package out of the box and open it. You will find your strip, these are charcoal so they are black in color.


2) Wet your nose with some warm water. If you want a better result, hold your face over a bowl of HOT water with a towel over your  head for a couple of minutes. This will open up the pores nice and wide and make more goop come out. Peel the strip away from the plastic cover.


3) Apply the strip with the side that was on the plastic to your nose (the shiny side) and smooth it over so that the strip covers your skin completely.


My helper, he takes up most of the floor space in my bathroom. But he's cute so he gets away with it :-)


4) Wait for 10 - 15 mins for the strip to dry. It should be hard, like plaster of paris.


5) After the strip is dried, grab the edges and peel it off. Not too fast, that might hurt if you are sensitive on the schnauze. 


6) And there you have it, a strip full of gunk. It was hard to focus in on the strip but trust me, this pulled up tons of goop. Yucky but we all have it!


The Result -- My pores are clean and smooth and they just feel better than before. I liked these strips, they are definitely on par with a brand name like Biore. The charcoal makes them stick well to your skin so they are super effective. If you see them in Shopper's; try them out and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!