Tuesday 5 February 2013

Beauty Beliefs

I don't have a TON of beauty tips or tricks. I do love to read about them on Blogs or Pinterest but I rarely do that smokey eye trick or put castor oil on my eyelashes everyday for a month to make them thicker. Nope, not enough hours in the day. My theory on beauty is you are either born with it or you aren't. So work what you have and don't worry about what you don't have. But one little beauty tip that I have to offer you is...... Coconut Oil

Some of you may have cooked with it or maybe have seen it in the list of ingredients of a moisturizer. But I am telling you this stuff is magic! What I mainly use it for is my hair. I have curly/wavy long hair that I get highlighted every 9-10 weeks. So that equals DRY hair that can look dull or just feel nasty if I don't care for it. I wash my hair every other day and the night before a "Hair Washing Day", I take some Coconut Oil (about a tablespoon) in my hands, rub it together (it melts almost instantly) and smooth it over my hair, especially on my ends. I leave it in all night, wash and condition the next day and after blow drying/styling, I am left with super shiny, super soft hair. It seals in all the frizzies and really helps maintain my hair health in a way that most products don't. Trust me, I have tried EVERYTHING. Plus it is natural! 

If you have hair that is naturally oily, just put it on your ends.

I also use it on my skin sometimes at night (both face and body). It reduces fine lines on my face and makes my skin very evenly soft and smooth. I have eczema on my hands so it helps with that as well. Now the reduction in fine lines is due to the skin being moisturized; Coconut Oil doesn't have wrinkle repair properties. 

Also, I really like knowing what I am putting on my skin. Your skin is your body's largest organ so it makes sense that you should be aware of what goes ON your body as it will be absorbed into YOU!

One thing about coconut oil, you should look for and buy, Extra Virgin organic coconut oil. Any other kind may have been processed. The real deal for Coconut oil should smell like coconuts and be safe for use everywhere. When I say everywhere, I mean it.....it can be used as lube too! 

So there's my advice on beauty for the day.....Try this, you will be glad you did.

There are also several health benefits to using Coconut oil in your cooking. Read here for more information.

What natural products have you tried? I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!