Thursday 20 June 2013

A Wine Tour in Prince Edward County - Part 3

And now for the third and final post capturing all the fun my girlfriends and I had this past weekend in Prince Edward County. I have a few more pictures to share, a map of our tour and last but not least, the tasty varieties I took home with me. Hint: none of them were a Red or White. Huh? What?

Here is a map of the wineries we went to in chronological order. The only map I could find online was from 2012 and Hinterland was no where to be found, but they get a special call out to make sure not to leave anyone out.






More random pictures from the tour. I know this is probably overkill but I just can't get enough of the landscape and how perfect a day it was! :-)

 This was the view when you looked across from the Karlo Estates barn area

 My friends, Laurie and Denise looking lovely. Me in the background admiring the view from the previous picture. The lady in the black top behind Denise's shoulder is Muriel, our sweet and knowledgeable tour guide. Sadly this is the only picture I have of her :-(

 Dee and I on our way into Karlo. You can see the size of the barn better in this shot.



Beth and I inside Karlo

I am ready to rock this wine tour! This was taken right before we loaded into the van.
So, what did I buy while visiting seven wineries in one afternoon and tasting over a dozen varieties of reds, whites and roses?

From left to right:
Huff Estates 2011 Rose - not too sweet and refreshing
Huff Estates 2010 Vidalescco - tastes like Prosecco, YUM!
Karlo Estates 2009 Van Alstine Red Port - amazing!
Sandbanks Love Cassis Aperitivo 2011 - can't wait to have this before a nice meal.

 Even the labels are pretty!
Score! 
Dress: Suzy Shier (belt came with the dress)
Necklace: Dynamite
Our tour was provided by Prince Edward County Wine Tours. We were given this handy bag to carry our purchases. This will be great when transporting multiple bottles of wine to a dinner party.

Not a red or white in the bunch but all super delicious and unique. I figure you can get decent reds and whites at the LCBO any day but these are special varieties and I look forward to enjoying them with friends and family.

Well, that's it! I am so happy with the comments on these posts and I hope that some of you will put a wine tour in PEC on your to-do list in the near future. Even if you don't like wine, there are still a ton of fun things to do in the County.

Friendship's the wine of life.
Let's drink of it and to it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!