Wednesday 20 February 2013

If you like Pina Coladas.....getting caught in the rain

I am 90% packed for my trip to the Turks and Caicos! Think I brought enough to wear for 10 days? ;-)


I have a few tips for traveling that may not be new to you, but they are the rules I live by when I hit the skies:

1) Pack half the clothes and twice the money - even though it doesn't look like I practiced this rule I actually did scale back the outfits by at least 1/3 as I put them into my suit case. Most of these items are bathing suit cover ups and light sundresses. I always wear a couple of these per day when I am in a tropical locale so I make sure that I have enough. For money, you never know what will happen or what you will find to buy when you are vacationing. Making sure you have enough cash for incidentals, tips and shops that may not accept credit cards will allow you to bring some cool stuff home and you will have the room in your suitcase for it.

2) I may be sentimental but I will always buy some neat little knick knack that is unique to the country I am visiting. I like having a collection of things to decorate that are from the places I have been. Not only are they different, but it reminds me of the vacation, each time I walk into the room. If I don't find anything to decorate my space, then I will turn to jewelry as a way to bring back a piece of the exotic home.

3) Bring a photo copy of your passport. This will save you some headaches if you happen to lose it while you are in a foreign country.

4) Bring all the medication you could possibly ever need. For obvious reasons!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!