Friday 18 October 2013

Outfit Post: Target




Outfit
Sweater: Target
Camo skinny jeans: Target, these are reversible! Other option is a faded back.
Purse: Nine West, purchased in NYC a few years ago
Heels: picked these up in Costa Rica while on a work trip. I don't wear these nearly enough, they are super comfortable!

Last Friday I had to get some work done on my car that required several hours at the dealership in Orleans (suburb of Ottawa). So while that was being done I had a shuttle take me to Place D'Orleans (local Mall) where I finally visited my first Canadian Target store. I had some luck in the clothing department but here are my overall impressions of the Canadian Target:

The good
  • Clean, bright store with friendly staff
  • New clothing lines to browse
  • I bought my first Up and Up product (Target's own line of beauty and household items). It was a lotion equivalent to Aveeno and so far I really like it.
  • They have an in-store Starbucks (Yay)
  • Loved the shoe selection and the prices were reasonable
The bad
  • Prices are not comparable to the US stores. Though I am somewhat pleased with what I paid I expected better pricing on most items.
  • Out of stock on almost everything! Like the shelves were almost bare in some sections of the store. The clothing department was also rather bare with limited sizes.
Overall I liked shopping at Target but I expected to LOVE it for some reason. I am loving the above outfit that I got there. The sweater was $20 and the reversible jeans were $34.99; I know I will get a lot of wear out of both of these items so I am happy!

Because the Ottawa Target was out of so many sizes, while I was in Kingston over Thanksgiving weekend I made a trip to their Target to see if I would have better luck. I was shocked at how much better the store was stocked! In Kingston of all places -Kingston is a much smaller town than Ottawa for my non local readers. So I was able to get a really pretty green blouse for work that I had my eye on in Ottawa and I bought black ankle booties that I will feature in an upcoming post. I also bought two soft v-neck T-shirts (can't have too many of those) and a white tank.

Have you been to the Target Stores in Ottawa yet? What did you think of them?

Hope everyone has a safe and relaxing weekend!





bloglovin

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!