Wednesday 27 March 2013

I have the silly gown....


This is a collection of some of my favorite dresses. Some are really old school but I love them none the less. These are images that I HAVE to stop and stare at every time I see them. These women are all beautiful but these gowns give them a luminous quality that you can't get in jeans and a t-shirt. What are your favorite dresses?












The Red Dress

I always saw, I always said
If I were grown and free,
I'd have a gown of reddest red
As fine as you could see,

To wear out walking, sleek and slow,
Upon a Summer day,
And there'd be one to see me so
And flip the world away.

And he would be a gallant one,
With stars behind his eyes,
And hair like metal in the sun,
And lips too warm for lies.

I always saw us, gay and good,
High honored in the town.
Now I am grown to womanhood....
I have the silly gown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!