Friday 26 April 2013

Dressy for a Friday

Happy rainy Friday!

Blazer: Le Chateau
Tube Top: American Eagle
Necklace: Cleo
Rings and Earrings: From Mexico
Nails: Sally Hansen Insta Gel Strips (more to follow!)

 Down from above
Shoes: Aldo seen here



I love getting my nails done, Acrylic, Gel, regular Mani...I love'em all! But what I don't like is the time that it takes to drive to the salon and sit there for an hour or more. It just seems to take so much time and we all don't have enough of that. So when I came across this product from Sally Hansen, I thought I would give it a try. Here's what you do:

  1. Push your cuticles down 
  2. File your nails 
  3. Apply the gel strips & file those to the shape of your nail 
  4. Apply the gel coat and place your nail under the LED light to cure
  5. Wipe off the access with an alcohol pad that is provided and voila! 


Now the applying and filing of the nails with the strips can be tricky. I found some YouTube videos that were super helpful:

The Sally Hansen video from their website
This one with a review
And this one I really liked

My verdict, I loved the way they turned out, they are shinny and with the help of the videos, weren't as hard to apply as I thought. It was my first time applying these so I am sure I will get better the more I do it.
My criticisms of this product is that on the box it says "2 Easy Steps"..... ummmm no. There are several steps so the box is a little misleading.
Also not ALL of the strips will fit your nails so I would maybe try Sally's gel polish to get a better gel manicure. I already know how to apply nail polish pretty well so it will just be easier overall.
But I would use this product again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!