Monday 15 July 2013

Summer is Finally Here!

I know some of you may not agree with this but I LOVE this heat! I long for these types of hot humid days in the dead of winter when I am scrapping off my car, swearing all the while :)

I don't have too much to post about as the majority of the weekend I did this.....


LOL!

I did manage to peel myself away from sunbathing to go out for drinks and dinner with some girlfriends on Sunday evening. We headed to Moxie's in Orleans to celebrate a birthday. Moxie's is a chain restaurant in Canada that offers a chic funky atmosphere and a variety of apps and main dishes to choose from. It's a great place to go to for after work drinks.

 I will have to say I wasn't totally pleased with this visit to Moxie's. I get it.... people (men especially) don't really go there for the food. The waitresses are all gorgeous and that's the main attraction so you should know that going in. We had to send an entree back (burnt) and some wine (musky tasting) so that was a disappointment.

Even so, my meal was pretty decent. I ordered off their Summer Menu and got the Linguine Arrabiata With Pancetta & Lemon Mascarpone. The chorizo sausage added spice and the tomato-lemon undertone was a nice flavor. Mixing in the mascarpone made the dish creamy but still light tasting. Overall, about a 7 out of 10, I can make better pasta at home ;-)

Photo source: www.moxies.ca

I wanted something light to wear as it was so hot, too hot to sit outside even. So I went for this dress that I first wore on my trip to Prince Edward County. It's easy to throw on and very light. I had my hair cut & highlighted on the weekend so it was straight, which was hard to maintain with this humidity!


Dress: Vero Moda
Shoes: Aerosoles, seen here
Clutch: Le Chateau
Sunglasses: Coach
Necklace: Dynamite (seen too many times to mention!)


Overall, it was a pretty relaxing lazy Summer weekend. What did you get up to this weekend, how did you beat this heat? Would love to hear from you!

Love,

MelMac oxoxoxox


1 comment:

  1. I am all about this heat! I think everyone should pick a temperature to complain about - mine is the cold so you won't hear me say anything about about this weather :)

    Very cute going out outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!